Sunday, April 22, 2007

Recruiter Technology: the follow on!

Hi All you hard working recruiters!

Well I have spent the last few weeks working on finishing http://www.jobresponder.com and baring a few small bits and pieces it is ready to launch! I am really stoked and can't wait to see how it goes and get all of your feedback.

Anyway to continue with my last thread, the one thing that the process of developing jobresponder has exposed me to is recruiter technology. I have had to do allot of research to establish what is out their, if my product has the potential to sell, do I have many / any competitors etc.
This is the kind of research that really opens ones eyes and unfortunately most recruiters do not do it - why, well for a number of reasons I suspect: allot of us are just too busy to spend hours on the internet trying to find out what technology is available to us, many of us just don't even realize or think that their are any usefull tools out their for us so we don't even bother.
Some of us (as I mentioned in my previous post are just stuck in our old non technology ways).

Well I am here to tell you that their are a number of products out their that are excellent and will really help you improve your productivity.

Now that I have started my research process I am going to carry on and although this blog is not about technology I will keep you informed in future posts should I find any technology I find really usefull for recruiters. After all to me it is exceptionally important that people keep developing products to make our lives easier and when I see one which I think is good I am going to give it my endorsement (for what its worth). If we don't support this development, then it does not become worthwhile for these people to keep developing and improving their products and that would be a great loss to recruiters.

I have noticed, during my research that it is relatively difficult to find some of the technology available to us, as when I use the most common recruitment terms I generally get sites that are mostly dedicated to candidates / applicants and not recruiters. So I often had to sift through them to find what I was looking for. I have spent some time trying to find search terms that are more focused and find what we need. Once I have put this into a legible format, I will post any info. of interest to recruiters.

On this subject: should their be any of you out their who have a great recruitment product feel free to let me know and I will check it out, if its good well the above applies.

This is a relatively short post as I am very keen to get started launching my product and their is a mountain of work ahead of me.

I think my next post is going to focus on what attitudes and beliefs make a successfull recruiter, I have spent some time observing the recruiters who work for me (I am in an open plan environment with them) and after years of observing have noticed definate characteristics for success and characteristics for non success. I have then gone about putting in place training to strengthen the positive characteristics and to change the negative / incorrect ones.
This has had a marked positive impact with increased revenues and happier recruiters. I will share my thoughts on this in my next posts, what has worked for us and what has not. You can take from them what you wish. Just as an intro. one of the main concepts I have introduced and trained is that of "Resilience", this concept and the training has helped my recruites significantly in their work and attitude to work and from their feedback in their personal lives as well.

Their is allot about resilience on the internet, look it up and tell me what you think.


Thanks for the response so far, apologies for the time between posts - I am planning to improve on this significantly.

No comments: